Goal achievement is not that easy and you surely need some scheme to follow in this process. The basic part of this process is to set and define your objectives. It is recommended to start with the smallest ones and gradually move from general to particular. First, it is necessary to define what the goal or objective is. An objective is knowledge what action to take and what result to expect after this. This scheme provides a number of directions that’s why it won’t be that difficult to make a decision as when the goal is considered.
Consider the information below taken from the book by Peter Ducker devoted to Management by Objectives (MBO). This book contains some advice on how to set your objectives basing on 5 basic steps.
1. Every goal should be concrete and specific. It is advisable to think over one definite goal and try to accomplish it. It is very important for you success to identify what you are striving for and devote your attention to this only.
2. You objective should be measurable. To put this advice into practice, you should think about some clear and specific goals: to write, to read, to fix, to buy, etc.
3. Your goal should always be attainable. You may find some ways to realize it and these ways should be as realistic as possible. And it is better to set those objectives the result of which you are sure to get rather quickly.
4. It should be time-bound. You should state the time limits within which the goal should be achieved. The feelings you will experience if the goal is achieved earlier, will be a great compensation and motivation.
5. It should be time-bound. You should state the time limits within which the goal should be achieved. The feelings you will experience if the goal is achieved earlier, will be a great compensation and motivation.
Follow this advice and succeed!